Being a bona fide adult can really be overrated sometimes. But here are some random things that I am thankful for right now.
1) Carmex for my chapped lips. (Yes, they really are chapped right now.)
2) My dryer's lint screen, which recently brought in solid cat hair.
3) Lowe's Home Improvement, which sells my favorite fireplace logs in bulk. (They burn just fine when the damper is open.)
4) My dishwasher (which could make the difference between roaches or no roaches -- trust me on this one).
5) A paycheck with which I can actually keep a pantry stocked with real food -- namely, Cheetos and canned pineapple. (Yummy).
6) My patio -- even though I suspect that it may be home to some wasps or yellow jackets (unless I call maintenance soon...).
7) The privilege of watching my cat try to catch falling snowflakes through the window.
8) Working a night job, where the traffic driving to work isn't usually too bad ... and where going to bed at 1:30 in the morning is considered really, really early. (Really.)
9) Working in a big city, where if you fall asleep at the green light, some dude will promptly honk and yell out the window to alert you.
10) Living in the suburbs, where you can enjoy a sturdy October moon, in December, gently shrouded in clouds above the city's din.