20 In My 20's
A not-so comprehensive list of 20 accomplishments from my 2nd decade
- Earned a college degree (B.A. in English, minor in Studio Art).
- Earned a teaching certificate (in Early Childhood - 4th grade with an ESL endorsement).
- Paid off 1 student loan (only 2 more to go! :o/ ) and 2 credit cards I got when I started college.
- Bought a house (with my parents, I must say).
- Bought TWO cars (one's paid off, the other not so much).
- Was a bridesmaid for dear friends 3x over.
- Became an international traveler by visiting places such as France, Italy, South Korea, China (these first 4 were technically in my late teens, but I'll tack them on to my 20s travels), Mexico (5x or more!), Uzbekistan & England (6x!).
- Lived in another country for the most part of a year.
- Volunteered in a night shelter for nearly a year.
- Became a big city driver (if you were there when I first learned to drive then you would know what a huge accomplishment this was!).
- Made numerous, dear life-long friends.
- Developed a deeper relationship with God.
- Became an aunt (4x!), although I technically didn't have anything to do with that . . .
- Developed a love for cooking.
- Became a grown-up with a real job and everything!
- Attended 2 U2 concerts w/ my brothers!
- Discovered a love for children and a passion for teaching.
- Conquered my fears and rode the Texas Cyclone at Astroworld before it was dismantled.
- Cut off and donated 11" of hair to Locks of Love.
- Developed a deeper love for reading and learning and read hundreds of thousands of beautifully written words!
- Began a blog!*
*This is my bonus one, so please pardon me for not keeping the list at 20 . . . but it's my birthday and I'll post what I want to!