Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

This looked fun & easy

Jared posted this book meme over at The Thinklings and I thought I'd give it a whirl.*

1. A book that made you cry
Most recently: The Chosen by Chaim Potok -- when Danny and his dad FINALLY talk

2. A book that scared you
Dunno . . . I don't scare easily, so I can't recall any book ever scaring me . . .

3. A book that made you laugh
Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding

4. A book that disgusted you
The Atomic Bomb: Voices from Hiroshima and Nagasaki by Kyoto Selden (Editor) I had to read it for a history class my last semester of college. I couldn't finish it; it left me with some horrible mental pictures that still plague me if I think about it. Although, maybe that's the point . . .

5. A book you loved in elementary school
Sideways Stories from Wayside School and Wayside School is Falling Down by Louis Sachar (his book Holes is awesome, btw. I just don't think it was out when I was in elementary; I didn't know anything about it until '04.)

6. A book you loved in middle school
I didn't have a particular favorite book in middle school, but I read a lot of Christopher Pike's horror books one particular year. My sister-in-law was astonished when I told her that while we were at Half Price Books last month. She couldn't believe my parents let me read that. I don't think they knew about it.

7. A book you loved in high school
The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K. Le Guin. After reading it for 9th grade English class, I went out and bought all the books in the series

8. A book you loved in college
The Brother's Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky

9. A book that challenged your identity or your faith
Is it bad that I have to think about this one???

10. A series that you love
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

11. Your favorite horror book
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

12. Your favorite science-fiction book
Never liked science fiction, but I'll try to read anything that's recommended.

13. Your favorite fantasy book
Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, but I must give an honorable mention to Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series.

14. Your favorite mystery book
Hmm . . . can't think of one off the top of my head . . . I've always had a fondness for Sherlock Holmes, though.

15. Your favorite biography
Evidence Not Seen by Darlene Deibler Rose - however, this is more of an autobiography.

16. Your favorite coming-of-age book
Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, if that counts. "Coming-of-age" sounds so nebulous to me.

17. Your favorite book not on this list
Any of Jane Austen's novels





*If any of you Thinklings happen to read this, I apologize for not trackbacking . . . nearly two years of semi-blogging and I still can't figure out how to do it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena