Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jehovah Rophe

22 Then Moses led Israel from the Red Sea and they went into the Desert of Shur. For three days they traveled in the desert without finding water. 23 When they came to Marah, they could not drink its water because it was bitter. (That is why the place is called Marah.) 24 So the people grumbled against Moses, saying, "What are we to drink?"
25 Then Moses cried out to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a piece of wood. He threw it into the water, and the water became sweet. There the LORD made a decree and a law for them, and there he tested them. 26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."
~Exodus 15:22-26


My whole life I've always known this: God heals. There is no doubt in my mind that He has the power to heal anything, at anytime. This is a faith and assurance that was instilled in me as a small child. I vividly remember my parents faithfully praying when anyone of us got sick. We rarely went to doctors; we just prayed. Not one of us in my family doesn't have a story of supernatural healing. I am so thankful to my parents for revealing that truth to me at such a young age, and I pray that I never lose it.

Yet it's still so amazing to hear stories such as this. It's amazing to hear how God is moving and miraculously healing today. Some may question and doubt, but I know that all things are possible through Him. (In case you haven't heard, He grew my leg last year!) And here's another story of God's healing at King's Arms. I actually know this guy, Joe -- he always comes for visitors' night at the Nightshelter and on more than one occasion we've run into him in town and he's treated us to coffee. He will be one of the first to attest that he has encountered Jehovah Rophe, and knows God is his healer.

I pray that all will have this revelation and know that God can heal all physical, mental, emotional and spiritual diseases, and encounter God like Joe and many others have!

1 comment:

Tirzah said...

That dude's testimony about the stroke is pretty amazing -- as is the story about your leg. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena