Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, April 25, 2011

Snapshots

Ok, not realized it's been 6 months since I've last blogged. It's been an intense 6 months. Heck, it's been an intense year!

Here are some snapshots, although I'm not at liberty to share all:


On October 8, 2010 my Grandma Virginia, my dad's mom, went to be with the Lord (just shy of two months after my Aunt Eva, her daughter-in-law, took the same journey). 
She was 93. 
She was an amazingly strong woman of God who prayed without ceasing until the day she came face-to-face with her Creator.


My Uncle Robert, my mom's brother, lost his battle to brain cancer on December 18, 2010. 
Since he lived with her before getting sick, for over a year I would take my grandma to visit him or take her shopping or bring her to our house so she wouldn't be alone. 
My uncle took his last breath just moments after his momma arrived at his assisted-living facility to visit him late that Saturday night. 
He sang with the most amazing, deep bass voice, and as we sang "It Is Well With My Soul" at his memorial service the absence of that voice struck me. But I undoubtedly knew, and still know, he's using that voice and joining with the angels in singing praises to his God.


Out of nowhere, the holidays snuck up on us. Our immediate family opted for a smaller celebration in Waco rather than our large family get together in Houston. Certain absences were strongly felt and, with the losses of the year, our joy was a bit strained at times. But God is good and we did our best to rally for the monkeys.


My poor daddy has had various health scares as well. Thankfully, he's able to utilize resources at the VA and has received loads of treatment that would have otherwise been beyond our resources.


As for me, I've continued working two part-time jobs subbing and tutoring. 
In early March I took a long-term sub position teaching Kindergarten. Thankfully, that opened new opportunities and just today I was offered a position for next year teaching 2nd grade! PTL!
For weeks the news has been reporting about all the budget cuts and layoffs in local school districts. I'm so blessed to actually get a job at this time. 
Truth be told, I was more than a little worried!


Ok, I'll try to be a better blogger. I lost my voice for a bit, but I feel it slowly returning . . .

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena