Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Random Thoughts and Observations . . .

1.) England has an abnormally large population of snails. And they travel in packs! Imagine walking down a partially lit street at 10p.m. There's not much to look at, so you glance down at the pavement just in time to dodge a snail - but wait! there's another! And another! And three more! Holy crap!! The pavement is covered in them! (Well, maybe not covered but there sure are a heck of a lot of snails about!) It's gross!

2.) I just checked the weather back home - 95 in Waco and San Antonio and 89 in Houston. What's the weather like here in Bedford, England? 60. That's right, folks. The middle of August and it's 60 degrees outside. This little Texan girl is rather cold at the moment. If I knew how to work the heating in this place, it would definitely be on! Summer lasted a whole three weeks and it's already autumn. You can smell it in the air. So weird.

3.) I've some how become old enough to date a 32 year-old. 32!!! That's older than my brothers! What the crap?! When did that happen and why did I not get the memo?!

4.) Don't worry, I won't be dating the 32 year-old. However, there's a 31 year-old who I think is really nice . . .

5.) So that $295 phone bill has been sorted out. Turns out the phone company made a mistake. Praise the Lord!!! That's something that's been hanging over me for two weeks. I definitely have $24 in my bank account, so a $295 bill was most unwelcome.

So that pretty much sums up my life at the moment! Oh so very fun and exciting, I know!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena