Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Debbie Update

Well, it's been quite awhile since I have updated you on my life. Sorry for all the impersonal quiz posts. I, for one, enjoy them and wanted to post something on the blog.

So, here's an update on my life and a few random thoughts and observations:

-I was accepted into the ACT Houston program last week! It's an alternative teacher certification program for people with their BA. Classes start on the 23rd-ish(I should actually look it up) and, if I find a teaching position this summer, I will start teaching in a real school starting in August. I'll be a bone fide grown up!
The summer will be crazy, though. I'll have three hours of class four times a week. I also hope to find a summer job. PLUS, the next month and a half will be devoted to finding a teaching job and studying for the TExES exam, so I can actually start teaching in three months.

-Bridget got married on Monday!!! I couldn't believe it, especially since they only just met in JANUARY! These celebrities and their whirlwind marriages; I only hope it works.

-Here's some random news: I have an acquaintance, Josie, who moved to Paris eight months ago to work as a pilates instructor. Yeah, I know, that's awesome! BUT that's not the random part. Apparently, she's going to start giving pilate lessons to JOHNNY DEPP! Crazy, huh? Alls I'm saying is I'm in the wrong profession in the wrong country.

-I just finished watching The Amazing Race and words cannot describe how pleased I am that Uchenna and Joyce won, not Rob and Amber. I'll have to blog more about that later, though.

-Going back to real life: I only have four more days of work left. As I already mentioned, I need to find a summer job. I would just love to babysit all summer, but I don't know enough families in the area. Oh well, hopefully I'll find something soon. But I guess that means I should actively be looking, huh?

-A few weeks ago I was asked to take over the "creative movement" class at work on Tuesdays. I was hesitant to take the position. Debbie does not equal a PE teacher. I hated PE when I was in school. But I am so glad I accepted the job, and it's not just because I make a bit more money. I've had a lot of fun with it and the school does have tons of equipment to work with. I've also received loads of positive feedback, so I know it's not just me thinking I'm doing a good job; other people think I'm doing a good job too!

-GOD IS SO GOOD! Seriously. Even when we wretched creatures do nothing to deserve His goodness, He chooses to lavish it upon us. I am amazed at how He continues to provide for all my needs even after I fall short time after time.
Last week I found out that for my ACT Houston classes, I needed to pay $750 in less than two weeks. Not a problem, if I HAD $750 lying around. But obviously, I didn't. I very sheepishly asked God to provide the money, hardly having any faith that He would since I haven't been the most faithful recently. I decided not to tell many people about my need, either. I think only five people knew, two of which were my parents. I would almost start hyperventilating when I thought about it, so I just didn't think about it. Well, before the end of the week, God provided the $750 I needed!!! I don't know how, but He did. And I sure do feel foolish for my lack of faith. Silly Debbie!

Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
~Psalm 16:5-8

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena