Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Friday, September 16, 2005

Wal-Mart boycott update

At first, I was just ticked off at their lousy customer service. But I think I've actually managed to successfully go a little over 3 months straight boycotting Wal-Mart. (See the blog entry dated June 7).

Again, not that it's a horrible store. I understand they're very involved in local communities. It's just that * I * personally can't stand shopping there. And I'm here to testify that yes, there IS life without Wal-Mart. :D

I've been frequenting Target quite often. They have some nifty deals. And in my neck of the woods, what's really convenient is that it's located in a shopping center next to HEB, so sometimes their deals are competitive to HEB.

So between Target and HEB, and also Dollar General, and not to mention eBay (for online bargains), I am one happy consumer who can lead a perfectly normal life without having to ever set foot inside Wal-Mart. (That is, except for the occasional social call.)

I still use my Sam's card, though. And I may visit Walmart.com to purchase some music downloads someday. We'll see.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena