Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Impression of Local Drivers

DALLAS: Excuse me, pardon me, coming through. Oooooh, waaaait a mmmminute... It's a wrrrreck... Let's gawwwwwk... OK, gawking over. Where's the accelerator? Excuse me, pardon me.

FORT WORTH: I AM CONDUCTING AN EXPERIMENT TO SEE HOW FAST MY CAR CAN GO, SO MOVE IT OR LOSE IT!!

ARLINGTON: What? I wasn't tailgating you. I was only 2 inches away from your rear bumper.

IRVING: WAKE UP, SLEEPING BEAUTY! THAT LIGHT HAS BEEN GREEN FOR .005 SECONDS ALREADY, SO I WILL SIT ON MY HORN UNTIL YOU MOVE YOUR BUTT!!!

LUBBOCK: Why do they keep putting up these speed limit signs? Driving should be an expression of the soul.

ODESSA: The red light means that you have either 5 seconds to cross the intersection or until cars start coming from the other direction -- whichever comes first. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm late for my appointment at the bar. Unfortunately, I can't drive too fast to get there, because if I go 4 MPH over the speed limit, a cop will appear out of nowhere and give me a ticket. Although, I'm not quite sure where the cop goes AFTER the bar closes...

WACO: Please observe that I-35 has 3 lanes to accommodate various traveling speeds: 60 MPH on the far right, 70 in the middle, and 80 on the far left. By the way -- can anyone explain to me what a "traffic jam" is? I've heard of this phenomenon, but I don't believe I've ever witnessed one myself. Is it anything like waiting in line to get into the stadium on Valley Mills to see a Baylor game?

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

So very true! Just for future reference, the description of Lubbock drivers fits Austin as well. The only difference is that you can't see them coming because of the hills!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena