Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Friday, December 21, 2007

No rest for the weary

I cannot believe it's almost 2008. I'm ready to put this year behind me, but there are a few things I must do before the next two weeks are over. So here is my Christmas holiday to do list:

1. CLEAN MY ROOM! That is on my list every single break, but it somehow never gets done to the extent that I need it to get done. I'm such a slacker!

2. Mail packages/letters to the UK. Things have been piling up for over a month now and it's high-time to box them up and send them off!

3. Check-in on friends and family I haven't had time to catch up with in weeks.

4. Read one or more of the many books I have lying around. I keep collecting them but don't read them. *sigh* To be in college again and have hours and hours to read, paint, and drink coffee. I'm really excited about one book a friend gave me for Christmas. There's a small problem, though -- it's in SPANISH. She thinks it will help me learn; I'm sure she's right, but still! I avoided taking a third year of Spanish in high school 'cause I didn't want to have to read novels. The crazy thing is I'm kinda up for the challenge. I'll let ya know how it goes.

5. Finish Christmas shopping. That's actually something that needs to get done in the next couple of days. Most of it is done but there are a few key gifts missing.

6. Average grades and complete Report Cards. I know, I know, it's my holiday, but I don't want to have to worry about it when we get back in January. A week after the kids return they start testing and the stress will kick into high gear.

Hmm . . . I know there's more but it eludes me at the moment. I'm thankful to have a few extra days to rest. Originally we were supposed to work today and return Jan 2, but we ended up having today off and don't return until Jan 4. Praise the Lord for that!

I'll leave you with a pic of my cool new ring my friend Blest custom made for me. I guess it's not all that new since I've already had it a month, but I'm still very exciting about it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena