Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, December 10, 2007

Ten years later

I can't believe it's been nearly ten years since I got my very first passport. For a year now I've been putting off renewing it, but the time is finally here. So with much anticipation and a bit of trepidation I've finally started the process of moving overseas next year. So here's step one:



Once it arrives I'll contact King's Arms and then work on obtaining a visa.

Scary!

What's even scarier is how quickly ten years passes. I think I read somewhere I'll get my old passport back, but I had to take a few snapshots just in case.

Here's the first page with stamps from France and South Korea:



This is the visa for my entry into China back in '99:



And here's my way cool visa into Uzbekistan in '01:



There are also many entry and exit stamps from the UK which aren't as cool as the previous two, so I won't bother with posting a pic. But once I get my visa, rest assured that I'll be posting a pic of that one!

Wow, what a decade I've had!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb, I was just reading something in the missions magazine that my church sends out (a very cool mag by the way) which said that research indicates that students who get involved in missions in their teen years (and I would assume soon thereafter) are in missions for the rest of their life. It becomes part of their make-up. I immediately thought of you. Btw, if you wanted to get involved in a lot of very cool mission projects our church has lots...and lots of godly, cute, rich guys are involved.
;)

Brandi said...

I'm really going to miss you! Man, it will be weird having you gone so long. I will start praying for the Lord to provide me a way to visit!

Debs said...

I'm excited by the fact I have one stamp in my passport (and that's from coming to Texas!). I've been into Europe (from England) before, but never anywhere that got me a stamp before :-)

If we don't manage to meet up on this side of the Atlantic, then we'll definitely have to meet up once I'm back home and you're in England too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena