Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm not the only one

All seems quiet in the blogosphere. At least the sites I visit are. So I don't feel so bad about the lack of posting. I guess I haven't felt much like talking.

Work's been crazy, as usual. In exactly a week we have a speech competition, which was a surprise - it wasn't supposed to happen until May. But all the kids have managed to pull it together. Mostly. Two of the kids I'm coaching are still learning their speeches. YIKES! I know they'll know them by Wednesday. I hope they'll know them well enough. For their sake. I'd hate for them to freeze and forget it all once they get in front of the judges.

I had a phone interview with King's Arms Tuesday morning. Because of the time difference I had to wake up at 5 a.m. so I could get ready for work before the 6 a.m. phone call. It went well, and it was good to voice my reasons for still wanting to go work on project after so long. Of course they still want me to go over, so the interview wasn't too daunting. But I hung up feeling a bit overwhelmed. It will put me in a hard place financially, somewhere I haven't been in a few years now. And since others are involved that makes this decision even more difficult. Makes me wonder if I'm being selfish, foolish, etc. But I keep praying for God to close the door if this isn't His will.

Speaking of King's Arms, I went back and tagged most of the posts from when I was over there in '04. So if you're interested in knowing exactly what I'll be doing for the next year of my life, just click the tag labeled "KA" and scroll down to start reading from the beginning. There's some powerful stuff there.

Ok, 5:30 a.m. has been coming way too early lately, so this is it for my semi-update post. Tomorrow is Thankful Thursday. Yay! But that means I need to decide if I'm going to Waco on Saturday or not. Oi! I don't think I even mentioned it to B&B yet. I guess they'll find out when they read this!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for tagging those posts. i went back and read them and now have a much better idea of what you will be doing. Its a big thing you are committing to. Well done.

Brandi said...

Let me make this easy for you...you ARE coming to Waco Saturday ;-)

(Whatever you decide is fine...just know we all love you!)

Anonymous said...

penny = brandi :-)

Debbie said...

Thanks, Elly!
Yeah, I had forgotten how spiritually/emotionally draining working at the night shelter was. I wonder what it will be like now that I'm a bit older and, dare I say, maturer.

I'm happy to know that "Penny" is your new Blogger name, Brandi, and NOT the name of my new internet stalker! ;o)

Tirzah said...

I figured maybe the internet was quiet because students/teachers are wrapping up the year. :o) Mark my words: the internet gets noisy during the summer. (In January/February, you can hear a cyber-pin drop.)

[I've been too busy working overtime at work at playing on Facebook to contribute much to blogs/emails lately. :">]

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena