Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thankful Thursdays!

We're stretching today, people, so bare with me!

1. I received my proof of employment yesterday! I was worried they wouldn't get it to me in time because apparently no one in HR opened the email I sent TWO WEEKS AGO. I should have never doubted God's provision. DUH!

2. My grandma gave me a big chunk of change to hold in my savings account so that the British Consulate won't think I'm completely broke. I definitely don't have enough to last a year, but it will hopefully be enough for them for the time being.

3. I got to chat with Debs over the phone on Sunday and got the skinny on her man! Now she's trying to play matchmaker and has sent me pics of potential bachelors she knows. HA!

4. The parent that was arrested in our school parking lot yesterday (yeah, you read that right) was released the same afternoon, thankfully. It was a bogus charge of playing music too loud. We were worried he may get deported, so we're quite thankful this family will not be separated.

5. Little Luis, one of my "blessings," is finally learning to read! 'Tis very exciting!

6. The Speech Competition we worked our butts off for the past two weeks was POSTPONED! Now it's not 'til May 13th, which is ok because we'll have time to perfect the kids' speeches now that they have it all perfectly memorized.

7. I love my fuel efficient car, especially these days now that gasoline prices are inching closer to $3.50!

8. Only 24 days until I can take a deep breath and rest easy!

9. I've successfully cut my caffeine consumption in half since MONDAY. I get headaches, but it's nothing I can't live with . . . well, except that first day . . . I kinda passed out as soon as I got home and then couldn't keep any food down the whole night. But I was good as new the next morning!

10. All NEW episodes of all my shows tonight!!! And let me take this moment to say that I'm SO over Henry and I think Betty will be better off with Gio!



Ok, turns out I do have loads to be thankful for. I'm just so darn tired and stressed! I'll try not to let that rob me of my joy . . .

2 comments:

Debs said...

I loved chatting to you :-)

And this is all awesome stuff to be thankful for. God is GOOD!

I'm still happy and hyper, but I actually managed to sleep for 7 hours straight last night. And now, since i don't have to be anywhere for a couple of hours, I'm considering tucking myself back into bed again!

Eric Guel said...

The two Boos ... united!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena