Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Saturday, May 03, 2008

(More) You know you're getting old (or just sleep-deprived) when...

1. After a long day at work, while driving home with the cruise control, you try to hit Ctrl+S on your steering wheel.

2. You get mad at total strangers who call you "sweetie."

3. You start talking at the fast-food commercials: "It's a taco! They put non-Mexican food in a tortilla and call it a wrap."

4. You think Sheperd Smith from Fox News is kinda hot.

5. You think guy actors on old 70s cop dramas are hot, and then you realize that they're probably older than your dad. But you still think they're hot.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Anderson Cooper's hot. Since we're on the topic of hot news broadcasters. Shepherd Smith's eyebrows disturb me, though. They're more perfectly groomed than mine! So you must be VERY sleep deprived, Tirzah!

My red flag that I was getting old was when I saw some type of Law & Order show and there was a guy I thought was hot and I thought I wouldn't mind dating a 40 year-old as long as he looked like him. Then they showed his 20-something son, and I found myself in a crux -- I could go for either the father OR the son. Freaky!

In reality, I wouldn't be able to date someone with a child whose age is w/in my decade. Hmm . . . I don't know if I would even be able to date someone WITH a child. I'm in the "men are dogs" frame of mind anyway, so I won't be dating anyone anytime soon. Not that I would even if I wasn't feeling pessimistic. Ok, I'm babbling.

Tirzah said...

no, it's ok. what's REALLY weird is when someone who has a kid in your age range makes a pass at you. (that happened to me when i was in college and working at a summer job. BLECH!!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena