Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, May 19, 2008

Please Pray!

About an hour ago my friend Melissa was wheeled out of here in a wheelchair! She has a pain in her side that the nurse thinks might be either her ovaries or appendix. We've all been under a lot of stress, especially Melissa who had extremely high blood pressure readings all last week.

Please pray for her.

And at the risk of sounding selfish, please pray for me! She's my partner teacher for our end of year program and since our song was changed up at the last minute (like, it was only approved last week) we still are working out the details of our dance and even costumes. To make it worse, only half of our budget was approved. She and I were working overtime to get it all panned out, but now that she's out I have to figure it all out by myself.

I almost feel like crying. But somehow, I'm not.


*****UPDATE******


Around lunch time they did a catscan to determine what was going on. They discovered it was a hernia, so bad that they had to rush her into emergency surgery! She actually hasn't had the surgery yet. They're monitoring her to determine when will be the best time (I imagine it'll be sometime w/in the next 24 hrs).
I don't know details, but what I understand from hernia surgeries they are VERY painful to recover from. So I expect her to be out for the rest of the year (which ends next week, anyway!).
Please pray for her and her family -- that she would have peace as she's prepped for surgery, for provision since her husband will be the only one working; for grace; for a speedy recovery.
I want to go visit tomorrow and take her some books. Does anyone have any suggestions? It can be fiction or nonfiction. I'm thinking of giving her my copy of Lies Women Believe... from Nancy Leigh DeMoss, even though I haven't read it all yet. And maybe a fiction book or two. Any other suggestions???

As for me, I have some wonderful friends who helped me fine tune the dance and my class is picking up on it rather quickly. I just need to get it down perfectly so I won't mess them up when they look at me. Now I just need to work out costumes. Plus all the regular end of year stuff -- grades, report cards, portfolios. Not to mention the kiddos. Mercy!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I will pray...both for her and you. Do you have an update? I am so sorry. I know it's no fun from several different angles :-(

Brandi said...

Thanks for the update. I will be praying for her. And continue to pray for grace and wisdom and strength for you.

About books...Lies Women Believe is great. As far as fiction, I locve the Janette Oke books and they are very good when you just want to zone out and read.

Debbie said...

Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers, Brandi!!!

Debs said...

praying.
Hey boo, seems like you've had so much on your plate recently. So I just wanted to say I'm doing ok, and was even feeling happy last night (which was weird, cos the more I thought about it, the more reasons you'd think I wouldn't be. but anyway!)
Yeah, sorry, got a bit lost in that last sentence. What I'm trying to say is don't worry about me, cos I am doing ok, and then you'll have that bit of brain to spare for something else ;-)

Anytime you need a listening ear for a moan or whatever, just let me know.

Tirzah said...

as far as books are concerned, i would suggest anything funny so as to lighten the mood, but then i remembered the part about the hernia. it might be painful to laugh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena