Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Friday, April 09, 2010

Let's Get Reading!




HELLO OUT THERE!

So, I finally decided to brush off the dust and clean up the cobwebs of my blog and figured participating in this read-a-thon is just the thing to help me do it! This way, I'm forced to update, if just for 24 hours.

I only just found out about the event through a link my virtual friend Leann posted on FB. I clicked over and decided I'd like to participate in the festivities, and 24 hours later, here I am! I have no game plan (i.e. what hours I'll be reading, how many breaks I'll take, what snacks I'll consume, etc), and I have no strategy for reading. I don't even know how many hours of the 24 I'll actually be participating in! All I know is that I spend waaaayyyyyy too much time on FB or watching TV during my down time and far too little time reading. Hopefully this will steer me back to reading a bit more than I have been.

So, without further ado, here's my stack of books:



From top to bottom:
*Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll
*A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'engle
*Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
*The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner
*Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
*Your Jesus Is Too Safe by Jared Wilson
*Dollar Store Crossword and Sudoku puzzles for breaks
*Blink Of An Eye by Ted Dekker

Not photographed is my Bible, which I'll read a little of as well. And I have other books that may replace some of the ones listed above. I've read Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, which is half of the above book, but haven't finished Through The Looking Glass. I'm fairly confident I'll finish that one at least. Not sure about the others . . .

No, I won't read ALL of these books, but I know how I am and if I get bored of one book I wanted to have plenty of options of what to read next.

I work from 9:30-11:30, so won't be able to start seriously reading til after noon, central time. I'll update regularly and be sure to keep track of just how long I read and how many pages. I'll also post about the individual books I'm reading and perhaps include fav quotes . . . or not . . . it depends how the day shapes up! I have tentative plans to meet up with some friends at Miller Outdoor Theatre to see Cats, but that hasn't been confirmed. If so, then I'll only be reading 'til 6:30. If not, I hope to keep it up 'til midnight at least.

Alrighty then, guess it's time to get ready for tomorrow! Hope to see ya then!


5 comments:

Somer said...

Here's some readathon cheer from a fellow Houstonian! Hope you're having a great time and that the weather clears before you head to Miller Outdoor Theater! I didn't know they were doing Cats tonight - maybe I'll head that way, too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have some great books to keep you busy! Have a fun read-a-thon day!

Debbie said...

Thanks for the cheer!!

I just got home from work and am about to get reading! I'll keep everyone posted...

Debbie said...

Oh, and Somer, they're doing Cats next weekend as well. So if it's still drizzly outside this evening then that will prob be a better time to go!

Eric Guel said...

Who the Boo are you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena