Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day

It's almost over, and I am so happy.

About four weeks ago there was an episode of Seventh Heaven all about voting. The parents were calling all their kids to make sure they were registered to vote, giving them a great speech about how important it is that they vote. Do you remember Peanuts cartoons and every time an adult spoke it was all gibberish? "Whawa whawawawa, whawha" Something like that. That's how it was when the parents started their great speeches. Their children heard the first few sentences but the rest was all whawhawhas. That's how I've felt during this whole election process.

I tried so hard to sit down and watch as much of the debates and campaigning speeches that I could. I would follow along at first but then it all turned into whawhawhas. At Baylor we all had to take a Political Science class and following the professor four years ago was just as hard. I was just not created to be involved in politics. Fortunately, I've heard enough to decide on the candidate that would receive my vote. But then two weeks ago my mom started telling me I needed to make sure I vote early when I went to Waco. Every day for nearly a week she pestered me about it. There was no escape! She was whawhawhaing too! I finally voted just to get her off my back. THEN, she started asking me if my brother's had voted. "I'm not my brothers' keeper!" She laughed but I don't think she very much appreciated that comment. Oh well.

So, we've finally arrived to election day. I've only been back in the States a month, but I'm tired of hearing about it all. I'm so glad I missed a majority of the mud slinging. Unfortunately, it probably won't end after today since this race is so close. I'm just praying that God's will be done and this election be decided quickly.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena