Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Whirlwind Week

Here's a recap:

Thursday, 28 July: Went to the charter school that offered me a job two months ago to turn in final paper work. I was stalling in case something better (and closer to home) came along. Received copy of contract and went home to read it over. But I had to decide soon b/c work/in service started Monday (1 August).

Friday, 29 July: Dad called at 9:00 A.M. to tell me he called his friend down in McAllen who owns a car dealership and there was a car available for us if we wanted to go down and pick it up. A 2004 Hyundai Accent w/ 14,000 mi; only $1000 down and $300/mo. Even better, no interest! Problem was, we didn't really have $1000. (My caddy is still kicking, but has major air con probs. Driving around H-town in 96+ degree weather w/o air con is no fun!)

Saturday, 30 July: 2:00 P.M. - Drove to McAllen to pick up car! Still didn't quite have all the money, so we went trusting God to provide. I read Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince most of the way down (my friend had just lent it to me the night before).
7:15 P.M. - Meet Dad's friend and the car. Gave it a test drive and really liked it; of course the price tag made it even more appealing.
9:30 P.M. - Left McAllen to venture home
11:45 P.M. - Accidentally drove through border patrol stop. Oops. The cop was really nice, though. He didn't even put his siren on when he came after me! Thankfully we stopped just past the "check-point charlie," as my dad likes to call it, to switch cars and drivers, so the cop didn't have far to go.

Sunday, 31 July: 4:20 A.M. - Finally arrived home and promptly fell asleep. Read more Harry Potter after I woke up. Also spent time cleaning room and closet. While organizing closet, I realized the floor against the wall was slightly damp. Then I moved my plastic incased duvet and found some nice mold forming on the back corner of the wall. The floor board was even warped. Apparently, a pipe burst (my closet shares a wall with my bathroom). Don't know how that happened; the house is only 4 yrs old. Good thing we don't own it. But it's still not fixed.

Monday, 1 August: Went to school for beginning of in-service and signed contract. Was told the preschool teachers wouldn't have to return until Wednesday. Stayed up till 3:30 A.M. to finish Harry Potter. It's not like I had to wake up early for work!

Tuesday, 2 August: Was called at 9:00 A.M and asked why I hadn't shown up for work at 8. Uhh . . . cause they told me I didn't have to! So I threw some clothes on and ran out the door. The reason I had to rush to leave was b/c the school is AN HOUR away. So I was basically 2 hours late for work. Nice. Fortunately, everyone is super laid back and we were just working on setting up our rooms. Unfortunately, since I was so late it was slim pickings for rooms and decor. But I did the best I could. After lunch I was informed that the next day was Open House, so we needed to be prepared to show our rooms to parents. Great. Stayed 'til 6 but still got caught up in traffic going home. Got home at 8:30 P.M. Oi!

Wednesday, 3 August: Rushed to finish room in the morning. The parents went to our mother school at 10 A.M. and were then bused to our school around 12. At 12:45 our supervisor told us there was another in-service in the evening for those parents who couldn't make it that morning. So we were given an extended lunch and then asked to come back at 5. As you can tell, this school likes to keep us on our toes. But I survived the day and got home at 8:45.

So that brings us to today. I got to go shopping w/ some of my co-workers. We had fun and found some great deals! The school campus I'm working at is strictly comprised of PK 3 year-olds, so there are only 8 classes. We still need 2 teachers, but the rest of us all get along great. And we're all Christians, so that's amazing and a HUGE blessing! We're just hoping we all get to stay at our location (they can move us until Aug 20; that and other issues will have to be a separate venting post).

So can you see why this has been a whirlwind of a week?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena