Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Road Trip!

I am currently enjoying my school's Fall Break Holiday. It was WONDERFUL being able to sleep in today! I slept 'til 10:30 -- that's five extra hours of sleep!!! *sigh* I sure do miss those lazy days . . .

But tomorrow will be another early morning. We picked up a rental tonight so that Mom and I can head over to my grandparents' house in the wee small hours of the morning. From there we're heading to The Woodlands to pick up my uncle and we'll all embark on an EIGHT HOUR drive to Snyder, TX for my grandpa's World War II company's final reunion. I've never been, so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and hearing all the war stories. They used to have these reunions every year but the viejitosare dying off. Very sad. They had their final reunion two years ago, but those who are still around decided to get together for one final hurrah.

It was just a few weeks ago I went on an eight hour road trip to escape a coming hurricane. But this time around our van is equipped with a DVD player. Nice. And I'll be the youngest passenger, so we don't have to worry about changing poopy diapers two hours into the trip.

I'll let y'all know how it all turns out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena