Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, October 24, 2005

World Series, Parts I & II

It's strange to not be watching a baseball game tonight.

Naturally, I'm bummed that the Astros won neither game this past weekend. IMHO, they played rather well, considering the environment and weather conditions. It was sad to see Clemens walk off the mound Saturday night after such a short time. It was especially sad that his relief pitcher wasn't up to par. Pettitte did an amazing job starting last night. The grandslam that Lidge let happen was devastating, though. So frustrating that it was practically handed to them (that ball totally hit the bat NOT the batter!!!). Although the 'Stros played well, there were some major mistakes, so hopefully they'll be able to pull it together and win the games here in town.

Saturday night I watched the game with my brother and friend Jason at a local sport's bar. I out drank both of them. Don't know if I should brag about that. I must have a wooden leg, 'cause I didn't even really get a buzz. I could have ordered another drink, but I didn't want to look like a lush.

Last night I ate a couple of hotdogs from James Coney Island and watched the game from the comfort of my own home. That's probably what I'll do for the rest of the series. I'm just praying that we win a game or two or four. GO ASTROS!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena