Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Highs and Lows...

...this week was full of them.

Work was hard. I was sick all day Thursday, but still had to work (a low). We went on a fieldtrip to the Children's Museum on Friday. Although it was fun, the kids acted like they had never been out in public (another low). Plus, I also had to work from 8-5 on Saturday (a big low).

The Astros lost the World Series (a major low).

While on my way to the Texans game, I was involved in a six car accident on I-10 this morning (another major low). I'm ok, but my car's not. It's drivable but will need some major work (big low).

*sigh*

But thankfully, life is comprised of great lows AND highs.

My principal got in trouble with HISD for not paying us for those four hurricane days last month (did I even tell y'all about that?). I'm not one to let people bother me and I especially don't like to judge, but that woman is the epitome of evil. Seriously. And I think HISD is finally starting to realize that she may be a liability. So we should be getting our money soon.

The Texans FINALLY won their first game of the season. (And I'm only slightly bitter that I missed the game because of an idiotic driver.)

On Friday night I was in the same building as Craig Biggio and joined in with everyone cheering and screaming and chanting his name. It was awesome!!!

A short time after we cheered for Biggio, The Edge was playing his guitar just eight feet away from me. Not only that, he made eye contact and smiled and winked at me!!!!!!! That's right folks, I was on the floor, leaning against the railing that surrounded the stage at the U2 concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*happy sigh*

Just give me some time, and I'll have some spin-off posts up. Boy do I have stories to tell!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena