Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One more week, people

In exactly one week I will be heading out the door and making my way to Bush Intercontinental Airport so I can board a flight headed for London.

YIKES!!!!

And while I'm making the final plans and preparations for my departure, I'm watching Ike churning in the Gulf and they're saying he may cause major damage here, ruining plans for my going away party.

*sigh*

So here are some major things you can pray about:

1.  NO HURRICANE!  I would HATE to not have a final opportunity to say goodbye to my friends and family.  That would majorly suck!  Also, if a hurricane does happen to come this way, that we would have wisdom as to what to do (leave, stay, board up, ride it out, etc).

2.  I would use my remaining time here wisely -- that I would finish up everything NOW and not wait 'til LATER, so I can enjoy my final days/hours and not have to spend them running around going crazy!

3.  Peace of mind -- for getting everything finalized, for leaving my home and family and friends, for trusting God to provide all that I need.


Ok folks, with that said, I'm off to pack my big suitcase and figure out how those vacuum-sealed garment bags work.  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm praying!! I so want to be able to see you before you go!

Debs said...

You fancy bringing me some gum? ;)

Praying that all goes well for you in this last week.

Debbie said...

what kind of gum???

y'all can add to the prayer request list that i have room to pack all my things! i'm taking one large suitcase and one small one. i thought that would be plenty, but turns out i have more clothes than i thought! and since i'll be experiencing a cold winter like i've never experienced before in my life, i'm not too keen on leaving some of those lovely warm clothes behind . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena