Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Friday, November 11, 2005

29 1/2

Sorry I missed the date -- this message really should have been posted on November 7, my 29 1/2-th birthday. :">

Well, 29 1/2 isn't quite how I pictured it as a child... but it's still pretty cool. Folks had told me that my 20s would be hard because God basically puts you through the wringer, really hard. I can vouch for that. And they also said around the time you hit age 30, things get MUCH better. I look forward to that. And I think I know why this is a weird age. When you're a kid, you develop all these plans and dreams and ideals. Then around age 20 through 29, you try to live them out, but you're smacked with the reality of your character-in-need-of-repair, PLUS just adult responsibilities hitting you in the face for the first time. That can really bite.

Not that it's totally horrible at this age. Not at all. Recently I've begun to embrace the, how shall I say this, total kookiness that comes with being 29 1/2 and trying to enjoy life. I have become a fan of SpongeBob Squarepants (and I am not ashamed. Just ask my family who witnesses me keeping the TV on Nickelodeon a little too long sometimes.). I turn on my revolving disco ball and dance with my cat sometimes (I lead). After discovering ABBA, the Swedish pop band that was really popular in the 1970s, I now play an ABBA tape in my car for about 75-80% of my driving time. AND I STILL WANT THE NEW CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY DVD!!! :D

I shudder to think what my life will look like in my 30s. But hey, what's the worst that can happen??

You're right. I could become a Teletubbies fan. So... not to worry. Arrgh, SpongeBob rules, matey.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena