Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Q & A

This is from Becca:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate....but to be honest, I've never had Egg Nog before. Something about the name makes me a little wary...

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped -- what's the fun in getting presents if you don't get to tear the wrapping paper off???

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Like Becca, I liked color lights as a child; now that I'm a grown-up *gag* I prefer white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. Our family never got into the whole mistletoe thing....maybe it's a cultural thing....

5. When do you put your decorations up? Gradually during the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Tamales....another cultural thing....who knew I was so culturally enriched...

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Christmas Eve at my Grandma's house. We'd always stay up 'til midnight and then unwrap all our gifts.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly can't remember if I even believed in Santa....I don't think I did....I just asked my brother and he can't remember believing in Santa either. Maybe that whole opening the presents at midnight thing is what did it.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to when we were kids. Now we do it all on Christmas day - open gifts with the immediate family on Christmas morning (well, mid-morning, we all like to sleep in a bit) and open gifts with the extended family that afternoon.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? This year it was gingerbread bears, boots, bells, and snowmen (couldn't find the little person cookie cutter and had already made my last minute store run), but usually Santa doesn't get cookies. He got them this year because my nephew, Nathan, got here and kept asking if we could make "Christmas cookies for Santa." They're not Santa believers, either, so we have no idea where he got that from.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? This Texas girl would LOVE to experience a white Christmas....last year we had a bit of snow, but it only left me longing for more....

12. Can you ice skate? I tried it once. Meh. But then I can't even roller skate.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Don't have many memories from my childhood (I have the trauma from my brothers to thank for that), but I vaguely remember a doll house. It was a po' man's doll house because we didn't have much money, but I loved it nonetheless.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating Christ's birth with my family and friends, and everybody taking time to demonstrate their love for each other.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cheesecake.....mmmm....I missed it this year....

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? All of it.....except the staying up 'til 3 helping wrap gifts and get things ready...

17. What tops your tree? An angel that's been MIA since we moved last year. So this year's tree is topless.

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? I love giving gifts, especially when it's that perfect gift they always wanted. But, even though it may sound selfish, I also love receiving gifts; that's one of the main ways I receive love.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? O Come, O Come Emmanuel; O Holy Night; and this year I rediscovered The Little Drummer Boy.

20. Candy Canes? I'll eat them, but it's not the end of the world if the season passes without my consuming one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena