Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

NARNIA ROCKS!!

Attention all movie fans. Boy, did Disney put out a great one for you.

Attention all Christians who like to see symbolism of their faith in movies. Boy, will you be blown away.

Attention anyone who liked Lord of the Rings but thought it was a wee bit too scary in some places. You have found your happy medium, and you can take your kids to go see it with you!

I cried. People around me cried. Some applauded when appropriate. It was all I could do to keep from shouting out, BRING IT ON!!! I never met C.S. Lewis, but I think he would be proud.

To me, the Christian symbolism in this movie was oh-so-obvious, but as a disclaimer, I saw the 1979 cartoon and read The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe when I was a kid but it wasn't explained to me until I was in high school or college that there was Christian symbolism at all.

But if you don't like Christian symbolism in movies, not to worry. This flick totally ROCKS anyway, honest!

Go to the next show, go to a matinee, wait until it's at the dollar theater, wait until it's on DVD -- whatever you do, GO SEE this movie!!! :D A classic for sure.

I WANT THE DVD!!! :D :D :D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena