Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Prodigal Returns

But no slaughtering of a fatted calf, or whatever, for me. No sir e. More like 15 minutes on the spin bike (which inflicts pain upon areas that God never intended to receive pain apart from childbirth). 2 miles walking at 4.0 and 3.5 on an incline. I had to reduce the incline cause i was nearly falling off the treadmill! Plus 250 knee lifts. Then outside for 4 laps around the parking lot (which equals a mile). Then this weird kicking thing where u get a partner and, beginning w/ the right leg, alternate kicking at each other's waist at the same time. 2 sets of 40 and 2 sets of 50 kicks. Then another 2 laps around the parking lot. Then suicides -- where u run to the first line, touch it, run back to the starting line, touch it, run to the 2nd line, touch it, run back-- I think u get the idea. When I got home I made a beeline to the spa. Unfortunately it took 20 min to heat up, so I occupied my time w/ eating a nice South Beach dinner of halibut, brown rice, and roasted brussel sprouts. Mmmm . . .

Anyway, that's what happens when you don't see your trainer for nearly a week. He tries to kill you.

So I'm still amazed that summer is SPEEDING BY. It's crazy! I've had trainings this week and last. They've been very informative. But the best part (besides that they were free cause my school actually paid for them) is all the free stuff I've received. Literally hundreds of dollars worth of materials. It's awesome! Today's seminar I had to pay - a whole $20 - but I won a door prize AND got 3 reference books. I love this teacher training stuff! Esp since I get to see at least 3 or 4 friends at each session!

So that's how I've been spending my time. What about you?

Oh, and did I mention I'm going to England next week? Very excited! I'll be there for 17 days! Mostly in Bedford but I'll go up to Sheffield to visit some friends and down to London to visit another friend and I hope to see more of the country; something that didn't happen on my previous visits cause I was working or visiting w/ people. So far my friend Justyna and I have trips planned for Brighton (which I always read about in Jane Austen books) and Cambridge (which I know will make me want to go to grad school -- at Cambridge. Keep dreaming, Deb). I'd love to visit Ireland or Scotland, but Justyna's Polish passport has expired and she may get deported if she gets caught. Something I don't think her hubby would appreciate . . .

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena