Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Cooking Experiment: Golabki

Ever since I got back from Bedford I've been wanting to try to make my friend Justyna's polish dish golabki -- cabbage wrapped meatballs (meatballs that have rice mixed in...mmm...). Well, I finally had the time, energy, and ingredients to give it a go tonight!

Here are two snapshots of the prep process:





Justyna puts the cabbage rolls in a double steamer, but since I don't have one I opted to bake them. I also put about 1/3 of the sauce over the top 'cause I was worried they would dry out in the oven. I searched the internet and my product is a combination of what I remember from Justyna and two of the recipes I found online. If it weren't for the 6 hour time difference, I would just call her and forget the internet search results. Oh well.

It's in the oven now, so I'll let you know how it turns out . . . after it finishes cooking for 90 freaking minutes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena