Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

My Day, as written of in my journal

Weather: 14 C/57 F

Sitting outside a cafe drinking coffee.
Sitting along the Thames River; Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament across the riverbank.
The sun peaking out from the swiftly-moving clouds as it sets behind the historic buildings.
The wind whipping my hair beneath my pink knit cap (well, the cap actually belongs to my friend Sarah, not me, but she let me wear it all day).
Bag pipes softly playing in the distance.
London. It's like a dream, but it's my reality for the day.

An Update:
Throat burning.
Out of breath.
Lungs heaving.
Hair flailing as we run through the tube station.
Sarah and I hold hands so we're not separated in the sea of cloned business men and women.
Although the tranquility of the day is shattered, we didn't miss the train and made it home to Bedford!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena