Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Two Reasons Why I Think God is Really Cool

1.) When I decided to come work on Project I knew I wouldn't be able to save up enough money for the summer. I didn't have enough money for the original seven weeks I planned on staying, yet alone the extra eight weeks that were later added. But when I arrived I found out I would get a living out expense allocation of £120 per month. Plus, my wonderful hosts, Dave and Hannah, wouldn't allow me to pay them anything. So, when my bank account got down to $23 two months ago I didn't really worry because I knew God would provide something. And He did!!! $210 mysteriously appeared the other day! Praise the Lord!!! That means I can actually buy some souviners for people and make the trek home with no worries about paying for transportation, etc etc.

2.) I'm bored with my long, straight hair. It's been the same my whole life. I've been looking through magazines for a new look, but I didn't want to spend £35 on a haircut (that's $70 folks!). So as an afterthought I asked God to maybe provide the money for a nice cut. It was one of those prayers I didn't think He would take seriously. Now I know you're thinking the $210 can be used towards that, but an amazing thing happened before the money even existed in my account. I met one of the new Nightshelter staff members and she's a HAIRDRESSER! Isn't that awesome?! He didn't provide money for a new hairdo, He provided an actual hairdresser!

God is so cool!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena