Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Final Farewell

After three months and five days, it's time to say goodbye to Bedford. How sad! This is so gutting!
I went to my final Nightshelter team meeting this morning. They wanted me to come so they could "pray me out." Last Wednesday we had our King's Arms Project team training and they prayed me out there as well. AND at church on Sunday they announced that I was leaving and prayed for me at the end of the service. So I'm leaving Bedford well prayed up and ready for whatever is coming my way.
But I'm still a snot face. I've been holding up well, but I almost cried last night as I said goodbye to the residents. I definitely cried this morning as they prayed for me and later as I hugged everyone goodbye. This probably means I'll be a wreck on the plane ride back. Great. The people sitting next to me will think I'm a weirdo.
Things left to do:
*pack - YIKES!
*visit the hostel one last time
*visit the Project administrator, PK, and his family to take pics of their baby for our Waco friends
*meet my friend Sarah for our final farewell ritual
*go to dinner with all my married friends (Dave & Hannah, Jez & Justyna, Sarah & Richard, but I don't think Richie is coming) Is it weird that my closest friends here are all married? I think it is!
*mail the 20 postcards that have accumulated over the past three months because I'm too lazy go to the post office and mail them
Well, I better get started, considering it's already 3. Yikes!
I wanted to post a gloomy goodbye poem to fit my mood, but I can't seem to think of one and can't be bothered to look for one. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena