Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Friday, July 08, 2005

Prayerful Thoughts

My heart goes out to those in London, and the UK, who have been victims of this heinous act. I cannot even imagine what they are going through.

Yet, as tragic as the loss of 37 lives is, it also seems a miracle that not more were killed. This time last year I was riding the London Underground; I know how crowded the tube gets during rush hour. People squeeze into the smallest crevice of each carraige. MILLIONS rely on public transportation everyday.

One news station I was watching earlier today interviewed a man who gave his account of the tragedy. The comment that stuck out the most was, "People were praying; they were praying to God . . ."

I pray that those people know that He heard their prayers. And I pray that this tragedy draws people to Him. Christianity is rapidly declining in the UK and Western Europe, even though this new generation of post-modernists are becoming more spiritual (Many are turning to Islam to fill that spiritual void). But I pray that as people are faced with tragedy today that they will find comfort and strength in Christ's loving arms. May the peace of God be upon them, and may they know that they are not alone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena