Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Backwards

Earlier today (Saturday) I attended a wedding in which the bride and groom were finally making their relationship legitimate. They had been living together for the past year and a half or so. To me, their exchanging of vows and making it all official was a tremendous relief.

(Although I must say that getting married after living together does seem a bit redundant.)

I got a bit of comic relief as well. My mom was sitting next to me and said that the bride had her veil on backwards. I wondered why you could see her hair but not her face... I'm not sure if this was intentional.

But I did think it was interesting. Here we had the bride who was getting married, after living with the groom, and now I believe one of her next goals is to get her high school diploma.

Perhaps the backwards veil was symbolic?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena