Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Rambling tumbleweed

I'm not sure what the deal is about this time of the year. Is this when everyone in the free world takes their vacation? Just about everybody at work is gone. Most of the usual mass-emailers have left my inbox vacant. I would take advantage of the time to catch up on all my email that's accumulated in the past few months, but I'm too tired from overworking myself to compensate for all the people being on vacation at the office... :)


Sigh. I've noticed that just about any time I start a new job, I usually end up feeling overworked in the summertime. Maybe it's the heat?


Or maybe I should take some time off in the fall, and then everyone at work will have to overwork THEMselves while I'M enjoying some much-needed R & R. :D


Perhaps one of these days I should jump on the bandwagon and start taking vacations during the summertime, like normal people do. Like I used to do with my family when I was a kid -- when suddenly you forgot about the world around you from June through August. Then August comes around and suddenly there are actually people around, with real schedules and new sunburns and stories to tell.


In my mind I keep fast-forwarding to December (Christmas!), skipping over July through September entirely. Perhaps I ought to just be content with the day that's in front of me, eh? ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena