Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, July 18, 2005

Wonkavision

Has anybody seen the new 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' flick yet? I'm a huge fan of the 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' 1971 movie with Gene Wilder. I read a review of the recent movie with Johnny Depp and heard that it's supposed to be even better than the 1971 version. (This new 2005 flick is a Tim Burton/Danny Elfman collaboration.) From the review that I read, Depp's portrayal of Willy Wonka is brilliant, but a bit creepy at times. (The reviewer likened Depp's Wonka to Michael Jackson-- soft, surrounded by kids, and chalky-faced.)

From what I understand, the new version is supposed to be pretty close to Roald Dahl's book ('Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'). When I read the book as a kid, I did think it was weirder than the (1971) movie. But I don't remember anything that reminded me of Michael Jackson, thank heavens. (But that was in the late '80s when I read the book -- probably a few plastic surgeries ago?)

I do look forward to flocking to see the new flick one of these days. :D Pocketbookwise, maybe at the dollar theater.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena