Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, August 20, 2007

At First I Was Afraid

Thanks for the prayers! They definitely helped make today smooth and relatively stress free. It helped that only 13 of my 22 students showed up! And they were rather quiet. I know it won't last. It's all strategy. They're feeling me out, seeing how much they can get away with. Plus, I'm sure the noise level will spike once the other 9 kids show up. I'm just praying tomorrow will be just as smooth. And fast. Today flew by! I seriously don't know what happened to the time! I didn't even have enough time to show the kids the complete routine. But that's what this first week is for -- to work out our class rosters and lay the ground work (i.e., rules, consequences, routines). So let's keep praying that the whole year is as smooth as this first day! And I'll post pics of my AWESOME classroom once I revive my dead camera with new batteries.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

glad your first day went smoothly!!

danielle said...

Deb,

Did HISD already start school?(You would think I would know the answer to that question!) I didn't think school started till next week. Glad your first day wasn't as horrid as you thought it would be...

Debbie said...

Thanks ladies!

Actually, Dani, HISD does start next week. Since we're an HISD charter, we start a week early so we can work out our rosters and other kinks. I sure do wish I had an extra week off!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena