Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, August 06, 2007

UGH!

Can't believe I'll already be heading home in less than 3 days. How is it possible for two weeks to pass so quickly, yet it still feels like I've been here forever? I guess cause this place fits so well and feels so much like home, minus my family; therefore, I feel like I never left.

I've taken lots of great pics and I'll post some tomorrow because I can't be bothered to go upstairs and get my camera cord. Besides, I'm going down to Brighton tomorrow (a city on the southern coast) and I'm sure I'll have more pics to upload. So I might as well do it all in one go.

Well, just wanted to check in and let u all know that all is well with me. Minus the fact that I go back to work in less than a week. Ugh! I need some serious prayer: 1.) That I'll start the new school year off with the right attitude and 2.) That I'll actually get on the airplane Thurs afternoon. They're still offering me a job here at The Nightshelter . . . too bad it's voluntary and I'll only get a small stipend that won't even pay half my monthly student loan payments. Ugh! This being a responsible grown-up thing is sooooo overrated!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I know the feeling girl, but we would all miss you if you didn't get on the plane :-)

I am so sorry I never sent you the recipe...do you still want it? It has just been too hectic the past couple of weeks. I will send it if you want, but since you are leaving in 3 days i thought it might be too late. Just let me know.

Eric Guel said...

They're still offering me a job here at The Nightshelter . . . too bad it's voluntary and I'll only get a small stipend that won't even pay half my monthly student loan payments.

Umm ... newsflash!!!! That doesn't constitute a JOB! You see, with a job you actually make money and are able to pay bills. ;-)

Eric Guel said...

New post, please. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena