Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, August 30, 2007

School Days

I'm still alive. Tired, but alive.

Man, adjusting back to a work schedule is tough! I miss the days of sleeping in and lazying around the pool. *sigh*

But my new students are a hoot. And quick as a whip. They are definitely more advanced than the group I had last year. I still see last year's bunch in the hallways. I miss those babies. Many of them run out of their lines to hug me, and I never know how their teachers will respond to that. Esp the new teachers who don't know me. But I still stop to give a hug.

I saw one little boy the second day of school, Jason Trejo. He's so grown. But he's really little. Cause he was a bit sickly. He waved at me from his line. Casting glances at his teacher from halfway down the line, he gestured for me to call him. He made a telephone with his hand, put it to his ear and mouthed, "Call me!" Then he said, "Come to my house." And he emphatically nodded and gestured while telling me to first take a right, then another right, then a left. It was hilarious! This is the same boy that gave a note to one of my Brianna's last year. It said, "Jason likes Brianna S." Then it had two little stick people holding hands, one smaller than the other. An arrow pointing to the larger stick figure was labeled "Brianna," and an arrow pointing to the smaller stick figure was labeled "Jason Trejo." (Did I mention he's really little? But so smart! He can read anything you put in front of him - English AND Spanish!) But he didn't stop there. He wrote his number on the paper. In fact, he wrote TWO numbers on the paper. And they were real phone numbers! And they were really HIS phone numbers! My friends and I were laughing about that little note for days.

So I'm looking forward to this school year. It's already majorly stressful, but the good thing is that will help the days pass quickly. Oh, and we had a first potty accident today. The boy sat and poohed on himself and didn't even say anything until the smell started filling the classroom. It was disgusting. I was not happy. But the kids walking down the hallway with wrinkled noses or hands tightly shut over their noses, helped keep me chuckling.

Here's hoping there there's no pooh tomorrow -- both literal and figural!


*******

UDATE:
Just thought you'd might like to know we had more pooh Friday. Loads of pooh. Both literally and figuratively! Praise Jesus for a 3-day weekend!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena