Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Back to Reality

I didn't think I would be able to post for at least another week. I'm staying with Elaine in Washington D.C. and she doesn't have internet at home, so that makes checking email and blogging a little difficult. But we jumped on a bus and then the metro and then walked a couple of blocks and arrived at Common Grounds. Now you Wacoans may be thinking of 8th St Common Grounds, but unfortunately it is not the same place. It's a fraud. But it's still a proper coffee shop where we can hang out. It almost feels like old times.
I can't believe I've been back in the States for two days already. It feels as though the last three months have all been a dream. It's already October?! Unbelievable!
I had a good journey, considering that it started at 3:30 am, that I cried off and on throughout the whole flight, and that I slept a total of two hours in 35 hours. It was weird arriving in the airport after being gone for over three months and having no one there to greet me. I'm sure Mom and Dad would have been eagerly awaiting my return if I flew directly to Texas. Oh well.
Elaine and I have been sitting here talking about life. Coming here to visit I've realized that even though we will remain close friends, we now have completely different lives. Things will never be like they were before. We knew it was coming and happening, but that doesn't make it any easier. So sad.
Well, I just wanted to let you folks know I made it back to the States safe and sound. It's good to be back and I look forward to seeing my family next week. But I did leave my heart in England and at King's Arms and I'm praying about whether I will be returning next year. I sure do hope so! But for now I must face the reality of living life in the here and now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena