Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Saturday, October 16, 2004

On sleepless Nights

Today I did something I haven't done since high school - I slept until 2 in the afternoon! Isn't that pathetic? I didn't even know I was still capable of sleeping that late. I guess that's what happens when you stay up until 5. No, I wasn't out partying or anything. Arriving home so late last weekend started a vicious cycle of staying up late and waking up late. It doesn't help that we're a family of night owls. (((My college roommate, Becca, found it hilarious that I would wait to call my parents until 11 or midnight - I knew they would be home and available to talk at that time. She said her parents, and everyone else's parents for that matter, would be fast asleep by then. Not in my family - my oldest brother, David, is usually the one to peter out first.)))
Anywho, around 10 last night I found a box full of scrapbooking materials and mementos I started collecting three or four years ago. I then searched the house for tape, scissors, glue stick - anything that would be useful in creating my very own scrapbooks. Why the sudden burst of inspiration after years of inactivity, I don't know. Perhaps it's because I'm sick of doing nothing all day (I really need a job). I worked steadily for about three or four hours . . . and only have four scrapbook pages to show for it. Sad, huh? However, much of that time was spent looking for boxes full of pictures. I never found them.
I read a bit of Jude the Obscure after putting away the scrapbook. Unfortunately I wasn't able to read myself to sleep. After tossing and turning for 45 minutes I got out of bed and turned on the tv. Die Hard was on HBO, so I watched that. When it ended Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil started on another station, but it didn't hold my attention. Perhaps it was all the commercials. I made it halfway through but eventually fell asleep. Next thing I knew, it was 1:45. Oi! Perhaps waking up for church tomorrow morning will help me piece together the shards of my sleeping schedule. One can only hope.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena