Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, October 11, 2004

To Be Home Again!

It hasn't quite hit me that I'm home to stay. Not just United States home, but living with my parents home. I have at least 11 months of living with Mom and Dad ahead of me after six years on my own. Yikes!
Fortunately my parents aren't all that bad. They're actually rather funny. Here's a tidbit of conversation from Saturday night:

Mom: So, what church are we going to tomorrow?
Debbie: Bedside Baptist?!
Mom: I wouldn't mind that...I'm very tired. But what about First Baptist?
Dad: Yeah, that sounds good to me.
Debbie: First Baptist??? Why aren't we going to Bro. Roland's church? (Bro. Roland is an old family friend who's church we're members of.)
Dad: Because First Baptist comes on t.v. and we don't have to leave our livingroom. When Bro. Roland's church is on t.v. then we'll go there . . .

Hee hee . . . Oh, to be home again!
I can't wait for a jump start in my social life, though. I'm sure if I actually contacted some of my friends in town then I wouldn't be stuck at home all day everyday. But I'm not quite ready to be bombarded with questions about my life the past few months.
I need a jump start in my work life as well. I need a work life! Every job I've had for the past seven years has just fallen into my lap. I have no idea how to look for a grown-up job. Yikes! Coming back home and back to reality is hard.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena