Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I had a bright idea.

I decided to go for a walk when I got home this evening. It was such a beautiful evening and I love walking at night. I haven't done much walking in a few months, either, and sometimes I just need to get my rear moving. It was a spur of the moment thing, so I threw on the closest thing to me. Also, since it was already past ten, I wanted to hurry up and get out there. I had the bright idea of slipping on new tennis shoes . . . without socks. Needless to say, my right pinky toe is numb and the back of my heels are rubbed raw. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.
I was almost to my turning around point when I started feeling it, so I just kept going. After I turned around I started to jog. I figured my feet were going to hurt no matter what, I might as well jog to get the pain over with. Sure, I felt even more pain when I got home and couldn't breath, but at least I got home faster than I would have!
Hmm . . . I should go find the hydrogen peroxide now . . .

Update: It's been two hours since my little excursion and I've discovered why my toe was numb. A blister, about half the size of my toe, has formed on it! What do I do??? Do I leave it be or do I pop it??? This is always the dilema I have when I develop blisters, but I get them so rarely I can never remember what I did the last time. Any sage advice anyone?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena