Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Birthday Weekend

So my big birthday day is less than 26 hours away. Don't worry if you haven't mailed my birthday present yet; I'll be accepting presents through the rest of the month. =o)

I'm currently in Dallas. My dad had a meeting up here and my mom came with him because they need to go to Waco. Mainly, because my oldest brother is flying out to Germany tomorrow. He's going to visit his former roommate and attend the U2 concert in Berlin. That lucky @#$!*^%!!!

I'd love to go to Germany; I have some close friends I'd love to visit! I'd also love to go to the U2 concert, but I'm not that bothered about it because I'll be going to the show down in Houston. That's right, the show that was sold out less than an hour after ticket went on sale. Yeah, I have general admission tickets, the best tickets you can get. Finally I can cross off one of the things on my "List of Things to do Before I'm 30" list.

Anywho, back to Dallas. I basically had no choice about coming up. It was either come up and spend my birthday with my family, or stay home alone on my birthday. I'm glad I chose the former. I'd much rather spend the evening eating cake, opening presents, and playing nintendo with my brother. Although that may sound boring to some of you, it sure beats sitting at home all by myself watching Nick at Nite. *sigh* I'm feeling nostalgic about last year's birthday - I spent it working in the Nightshelter; not only did I have a blast, it was humbling to see so many new acquaintances (some of them poor and homeless) go out of their way to make it a special day. *sigh*

So, I'll be spending another birthday in Waco. I'm very thankful for my family, but I miss all my old friends. Too bad they won't be around; they're literally spread out over the WORLD. At least I don't have to worry about being thrown in a pool this year. That hasn't happened in a few years - not since Baylor Landing was replaced by a parking garage - so I should be safe.

Since I'll be at my brother's, I'll be without internet (unless I can hack into someone's wireless signal...), so I end this post with a bit more narcissism.....

HAPPY EARLY 25TH BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena