Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Word Tag Meme

This is a meme they're doing over at the Thinklings. Here are Bill's rules:

1. I will start us off in the comments thread with one line from either a book or a poem. Aw heck, I'll allow songs too (and brace myself for the onslaught (or trickle, if this post bombs) of U2 lyrics).

2. Your job, if you choose to accept it, is to then supply another line from a book, poem, or song that has one of the major words from the line I supplied. For instance, if my line is "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit", the major words are "hole", "ground", "lived", and "Hobbit". The smaller words (articles, conjunctions, prepositions, pronouns, etc) don't count. So, based on "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit" you might be inspired to supply this line (with attribution, of course):

"That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of Annabel Lee;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me." - Annabel Lee
by Edgar Allen Poe.

3. The next person will then supply a line that contains one of these words: "maiden, lived, may, know, name, Annabel Lee, other, thought, love, loved". If you know html, please surround the word with bolding tags (, ), as I have done above, so that it will be easy to see which word spawned your entry.

Update: OK, movie quotes are now allowed also. I gave in to the pressure.
My quote is in the comments. Please humor me. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena