Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, June 13, 2005

A Quarter of a Century . . .

. . . is only two and a half weeks away for me. Scary.

Ten years ago I thought I would either be married or on my way to being married by the time I turned 25. That's even scarier. Praise the Lord I was wrong! What's funny is, I was probably closer to being married ten years ago than I am now. Back then I was probably more likely to compromise than I am now.

I remember when my oldest brother turned 25. Even that was kinda scary. And that was 6 years ago. Those six years sure passed quickly.

I was thinking a few months ago about how I'm in my mid-twenties. That's scary. Next come the late-twenties, then the thirties.

Hmm . . . I'm sensing a scary theme; a theme of scariness, that is.

It's not that I'm scared of turning 25 or 30. It's just that it's so weird.

I don't feel old enough to be 25.

People who are 25 are supposed to be mature, right? Not me! I'd be overjoyed to rent a moonwalk for my 25th birthday (and I would do it if I weren't so poor at the moment).

People who are 25 are supposed to have started a career, right? Not me! Sure I'm fixing to go into teaching, but I only see it as temporary; something to bring in money so I can pay bills and prepare to go back to England.

People who are 25 don't live at home and mooch off of their parents (Is 'mooch' the right word?). (((Well, I technically don't see it as mooching, but as them supporting me for all those years I supported myself in college. ;) Since I was the last kid through college, the money had dwindled by then. But it was ultimately my choice to pay my own way.)))

*sigh*

Okay, enough wallowing; although, I once heard that self-pity is the best kind because at least you know it's sincere.

I have to be a grown-up now and go do my homework.

Wait a sec'!!!

People who are 25 aren't supposed to say, "I need to go do my homework," are they?

I have a feeling it's going to be a rough year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena