Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

It's not too late!

Did you have a panic attack when you looked at the calendar and realized Valentine’s Day is less than a week away? No worries! You still have time to snag that PERFECT date.

For all you nice Christian guys out there whose tongues swell and whose insides turn to liquid when you approach that certain someone, here are 25 surefire “conversation starters,” aka pick-up lines, to aid your endeavors. My personal favorites are:

4. God told me to come talk to you.
7. Do you need help carrying your bible? It looks heavy.
13. The word says "Give drink to those who are thirsty, and feed the hungry", so how about dinner?
16. Is it a sin that you stole my heart?
17. Would you happen to know a Christian woman that I could love with all my heart and wait on hand and foot?
22. My friend told me to come and meet you, he said that you are a really nice person. I think you know him. Jesus, yeah that’s his name.

Tirzah and I even put our heads together to come up with our own lines:
*So, uh, is this pew taken?
*Jesus commanded us to love our neighbors, right? Well, hello there neighbor! My name is ______.
*It wasn't until I saw you from across the room that I began to believe in predestination.
*Hey, you're in the Young Marrieds Sunday School class, right? No? You're single?? That's inconceivable! Oh, uh, by the way, my name is ______.
*I attended a True Love Waits conference in high school . . . let's just say I don't think I have to wait much longer!
*God spoke to me in a dream, so here I am, baby!

You may want to personalize these lines, rewrite them to add your own unique flavor, or use them as a springboard to come up with your own lines. Be creative. The worst that can happen is you’re rejected and feel like an idiot, which may plunge you into deep depression, but it’s all good! There's therapy! Just let Jesus heal those hurts! Perhaps we should have turned to Him in the first place . . .

"Ask and it will be given to you;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7

So keep knocking, baby!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena