Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Lost in Translation

This morning I noticed that my mom had cleaned and organized the refrigerator. I thought it looked rather nifty. So I tried to compliment Mom on her nifty job. Unfortunately, I forgot to consider our generation gap. Perhaps I should recreate our dialogue here:

T: I dig the new fridge.
M: You what?
T: It's cool. The new fridge.
M: What new fridge?
T: The fridge. Didn't you clean it out? And you changed the shelves around?
M: OH!
T: I dig it.

Now the milk jugs are one shelf lower. Mom fixed it that way so as to accommodate her mildly arthritic condition. I figured maybe she was accommodating the fact that we're both short.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena