Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Off to Mandate!

Since I only work Mondays and Wednesdays my weekends start Wed afternoon. Therefore, I'm heading back to Waco for the weekend.
This weekend is World Mandate, a missions conference geared toward students, although people of all ages usually go. It's gotten bigger and bigger every year. This is the second year they rented out the Waco Convention Center for the event. The main auditorium reached capacity a few weeks ago and they've opened up an overflow room. Thankfully I'll be in the big room where all the action takes place. :)
I'm extra excited because I have friends from King's Arms coming, and they're bringing English goodies for me. Yay! One of the guys I'm meeting up with is Mike, the director of the King's Arms Project. When I heard he wanted to get together I was a little nervous - I almost felt like a kid being called to the principal's office. We didn't get to talk much while I was over there, even though he and his family lived right across the street from me. It was exactly this time last year that I met him and first talked about going to work on Project. I never expected for it to happen. Now I don't know what to expect, but it would be good to see him and catch up on how everyone is doing.
So you people have a great rest of the week and weekend. I'll blog with ya again come Sunday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena