Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, November 14, 2005

Leave me and my (mother's) kitchen alone!

Holidays are sprouting here, ee-i-ee-i-oh.
Holidays are sprouting there, ee-i-ee-i-oh.
With a potluck here, and a potluck there,
Here a pot, there a pot, EVERYWHERE A POTLUCK!!!

I totally LOVE the holidays, and I totally LOVE all the free food they bring. :) But really... GIMME A BREAK! I DON'T EVEN COOK!! THE EXTENT OF MY CULINARY EXPERTISE IS BOLOGNA SANDWICHES!!!

I live with my mother and she rarely lets me near her stove. Yet at work, at church... everyone keeps asking me to bring food for potlucks!! (No, I won't ask my mother to cook for me. That would be like hitting below the apron belt, no?)

Honestly, I am looking forward to the meals and time with friends. But if all I ever do is keep signing up to bring a bag of chips, that might get old...

Can't we all just order pizza??

I mean, unless everybody really WANTS me to bring bologna sandwiches... that would be a different story altogether...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena