Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Pre-holiday yippee

I GOT THE CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY DVD!!! :D :D :D It totally ROCKS, by the way. :D

As I've been meandering through the shopping aisles lately, I've noticed something that I shared with a friend earlier this week: We have totally skipped over Thanksgiving. There was Halloween, then naturally we're all VERY excited about Christmas coming up (I, for one, am a Christmas NUT -- it's my FAVORITE time of year)... But what the heck happened to Thanksgiving??? Where are all the Thanksgiving displays? music? commercials on TV? Granted, perhaps grocery stores across America are pushing for high turkey sales. But still... when I leave the store, I'm impressed with all the Christmas decorations, not Thanksgiving cornucopias.

I was hit with a major shock when I looked at the calendar this morning, though. Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK. Egad!! No wonder Christmas is getting celebrated earlier -- it's almost HERE!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!

Hopefully I won't get distracted by all the cool holiday stuff and forget about what the holidays are really all about. In the meantime, I am thankful. :D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena