Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Thankfulness

Today I was teaching my kids(all 22 3-year-olds) about Thanksgiving. We read a little book and then I explained what 'thankful' means. I told them a few things I'm thankful for and then I went around the room and asked them what they were thankful for. Of course I got copycat answers of "mi mommy" or "mi papi," as well as some silent blank stares, but there were a few original answers. Without hesitating, Jala said she was thankful for lunch. My favorite was when Yenny said she was thankful for her shoes. Later she also added "mis faldas" ("my skirts"). *sigh* That makes me so proud to be their teacher.


Btw, I'm thankful for my shoes too. And my skirts. Especially the new ones I purchased last weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena